Monday, June 13, 2011

Philly fun to Delaware ghettos

Lil foot is my new hero, she figured out how to make it possible for me to post from my cell... this means a ton of posts coming your way from ME (Sasq)!

Here goes my first phone post. Keep in mind there's the stupid auto correct on my phone so try to ignore a random weird word here and there. Haha
Yesterday we got back on our bikes after having Jocelyn drop us in New Jersey. Again it is not cheating when you make the rules and routes day to day. The ride in Jersey was pretty smooth and the weather was ideal. It was cloudy with a nice breezy to keep us refreshed! We'll take every breeze we can get especially since we know they'll become more and more rare. :-( The last 11 miles while in Pennsylvania started off amazingly on a beautiful bike path but.gradually became a rough ride when the nice pavement turned into gravel and cobble stone. Between the weight of my bags and my goddess like body I was having mini panic attacks after every rock I hit. Thankfully we made it to Jenna and Jordan's (Lil foot's college friend and boyfriend). Jordan cooked us a delightful dinner as Jenna and Lil foot caught up on. Needless to say we are very thankful for the WARM DINNER, SHOWER, AND PLACE TO SLEEP!

Today, Monday, we decided to visit another friend in Delaware so once again we went off our original route. We learned the hard way why ACA does not have you ride through Delaware, it's a DUMP. (Normally I would use bad language but I was told to keep it PC for the family and kiddies) Our journey today started off along the water in Philly, but soon became factory and crappy neighborhood one after the next. Finally entering Newark, DE and closing in Brett's (the friend we are staying with) house the area began to feel a little safer! Lil foot and I cleaned up and the three of us were off to get some yummy burgers... they definitely hit the spot!

We that is just about every detail possible for the last two days but I after answering all of Jenna and Jordan's questions Sunday night I'm guessing many of you would like to know other details of our trip. I hope this helps or at least entertains... We shower every chance we get, but at.some camps it just doesn't happen, but we don't tend.to smell too bad since we're sweating out mostly water... Laundry isn't a priority every night because we have three days worth of biking clothes and a couple regular outfits... Our meals are just about the same when we camp, oatmeal, cliff bar, split a sandwich, $1 just add water pasta (yum)... And finally I best the question you are all looking for an answer about - how are our tushies feeling haha. I will only speak for myself, the last two days I didn't wear underwent under my bike shorts which I should have done from the beginning, so for all those who may pick up biking and looking to wear bike shorts - GO COMMANDO!

Now I have been made fun of for typing such a long time... I will end it there, but please feel free to ask us anything and I'll answer it as best as possible!

Sasq

No comments:

Post a Comment