Friday, August 5, 2011

grand Canyon Fun, Friends and some Rest!

Wow what a few days we've had! Between hauling ass to meet our friends, hitching rides (promise I won't do that again mommy), relaxing by the camp site and having a couple beers. It's sure been an insane few days!
For now I'm just going to write a short summary due to the fact that Kevin is cooking some chicken for dinner and I'm sucking down a few drinks!

Tuesday was a pretty long day, we rode into the night to Cannonville, Utah. The ride wasn't insane, boulder ledges, uphill downhills and some crazy foreigners. I think there must have been a flight special from France to Utah because the amount of French people we encountered was beyond ridiculous. We even saw the stereotypical French girl, long as cigarette hanging from her 16 year old hand, while her father took a picture of lil foot and I with his kids. I was baffled to see such a young girl smoking in front of her father, gross.
We finally rolled into Cannonville at about 10:30, I do not recommend riding a fully loaded bike in the pitch black. Needless to say we made it in one piece and set up camp at a nice KOA, which we once again bailed out before having to pay! I had some weird dreams that night, usually little foot has the crazy dreams but looks like we're switching roles. I liked it a lot better when I had good dreams but weird dreams are sometimes interesting as well. I won't get into the dream details so back to biking.
After a couple 100+ milers and a couple just under we needed the half day that lil foot posted on. We had a big day Wednesday and made it over the border into Arizona! During the day we were hit with an intense thunderstorm and had to find dome shelter. Luckily enough there was a campground about 2 miles down the road which we hustled to. Once there it was hiding out at the bathroom time. Storms in Utah generally come in the afternoons and last anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours, and the rainfall can be about 2 or 3 inches. INSANE. We took a bit of a detour and thank god for that, our ride was mostly flat with a slight incline then we had an amazing downhill just about for the rest of our ride over the border. We went to the first gas station open and began asking about a place to camp out for the night. After the second gas.station we were directed to the local motel which allowed us to camp out on a patch of "grass". I say "grass" because it was more like patchy dry tall grass that was cat territory. Lil foot and I looked at each other and knew we would be having a rough night of sleep. We set up our tent and crawled in, we agreed that Thursday would be a day of hitch hiking to somewhere in or around the south rim... About 175-200 miles away.
After listening to cat fights all night I woke up at about 2am having to pee bad, so out of the tent I went. Since we were not at.a campground I had no choice but to POP a squat. As a began to pee (i had toilet paper) I noticed a creepy white cat staring at me, damn I hate that cats are evil. Haha. Maybe not all cats but think about it, they poop in a box then hide it for you to have to find it later, Evil. Though it may seem like I'm an animal water on this trip, I'm not, I just hate assholes who don't keep their pets under control.

I will save our hitch hiking day a couple days with friend until tomorrow so be on the look out for that!

Beer time bitches! Enjoy the weekend people!
Sasq

Ps. BIG THANKS TO KATIE AND KEVIN!!!! just as a little sneak peek of our weekend, they got up at about 6 6:30 and made pancakes this morning, on top of that we're about to make smores so look out tomorrow for our last two days.

Also Congrats to Jenna and Jordan for their engagement! Jenna you're very lucky, Jordan can cook! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment